Sunday 6 April 2014

Sri lanka ( part 2 )

Sitting on the shade next to the airport, realising how much i care about Sandra, realising that it's always when you say goodbye that you see how much you love people, a tuktuk driver (lion) ask me if i am sad because i'm headache or if im sad because he saw me with her few minutes before.
I told him to leave me alone if he doesnt drive me back for 600rps, he accepted after a bit.
Not really in the mood to do anything, i am still hungry, some vegies and a fruit juice sounds awesome ! I meet an old french couple who's been travelling for years and cannot say a word of english, they cannot have any contact with the locals... I give them my french guide book, they just arrived and know nothing bout the country, they insist to give me some money, 1000rps. 
I listen music, organise my week trip, read, walk around, go for a run n a swim, eat a Huge kottuh, watch a movie, talk with Sandra on the phone and sleep. 
Hector takes me to the train station where i go to ragama and then Hatton. In third class of course, sitting on the floor, watching the landscape. 
In ragama i could see this woman, reminding me so much of Nola, she comes to me and talk with a very good english. We talk a bit as the train was late, i help her to carry her bag in the 2nd class and have to leave her to "sit" with the "poors" in the third class, i feel like Jack in Titanic. 
Unfortunatly i didnt see her again after 5h in the train. Once in hatton in jump in a bus with a bunch of tourists, and this lovely polish couple who are going to adam's peak as well. We find a super cheap guest house and super dupper cheap diner in town ! Meeting at 2a.m to start the hike, really exciting !
2:05 ... Nobody.. I knock .. Yes ?
Their alarm didnt work, we go a bit later, its fine for me, i admire the stars a bit longer. Shops are open, lights all along the way, steps getting higher till we reached the temple around 3h later. Walking in the dark is fine, few people on the way and you dont really feel the fatigue. When you start the climb, they show you a book where you need to write your name, i joke by saying " ah, its if we get lost " then i saw the case "donation" and decide not to write anything and told my friends bout it. As you arrive in the front of the temple the police explains how careful you need to be with personal stuff bla bla bla. On the way out the police explains you how bad is their salary and that a donation would be great... 
About the temple, its really tiny, you can go inside to see a carving of a footprint and... This is it ! Around the temple about 100-200 people, squeezing each other, try to see the sunrise. When it starts, some mantras are sung, some "waaaaow" and some people screaming all the same thing but i couldnt remember!
It was amazing, incredible ! And on the way down we could see the nature around, magnificent !
I rush to be back in time for a shower and take the 9:30 bus ! A quick good bye to the guys, i reached the train station early enough to buy wades, rolls and egg rotis and my ticket. 
There i meet two londonian looking a bit like " we take the taxi, we like luxury and we are not backpackers ", and they were like that but so lovely and smiling !
Then i met Ola and Kamil, two other polish guys, going to Arugam bay, me too !
We spend a long time talking about everything, dropped in Ella, we have a quick drink and hop in the bus wallagama, where Sandra screamed at the guy trying to trick us. Of course, as we walk in the station ive heard " hey, i know you, remember ? "
" yes i do know you but i dont want to ask you anything this time "
He still showed us the bus to Monaragama, which wasnt of course, but we managed to get the right one after a few " no, take a tuktuk, its faster !"
At 7pm in town, we stay for the night in a huge hotel for a good price, an apple as diner is enough with all the rotis i had all day. 
A last bus in the morning to arugam bay, crowded like hell ! Maybe 100persons in!
And there we found paradise, folies on the beach, which are room made of bamboos without wall, just some colorful curtains. A bunch of finish guys, english, australian,.. So much fun, so much arrack. We spend the day talking around the table and the night next to a bonfire, playing guitar and dijiredoo, i fall asleep on a hammock. 
Nearly everyone leaves in the morning, the sunrise wakes me up, i spend the morning chilling, get some coffee n banana pancakes, rottis,.. And the afternoon on the beach with Ola n Kamil, surfing a bit but the waves are super small :s
The evening we play "jungle speed", drinking water this time, chatting,...
I like this lazy life and in the same time i wanna do something ! Thats why i put my alarm at 5:20 to get a bus to welligama to arrive 7h later !
I hurry once off the bus cause i dont want to see Nandi, i managed pretty well, but 100m before the guest house i hear that voice " heeey, my frieeend "
We have a quick chat, he insist to drop me even for this short distance. He then say he would see me later, i hope not ;)
Franck is still there, and still quiet in his world, not seeming to care. A russian girl, unable to talk english, two thais, who answer at my question : how long you staying here ?
- there is a bank just over there
And finally 3 typical frenchs, noisy, complaining and uninterested. 
I have a good time surfing, get some food and lock myself in the room to watch a movie ..
Early alarm again ... Surfing at 7 ! Its great and in the same time im still tired and exhausted from the last day. I meet a really nice swiss guy, a would love to stay for a longer chat but there is a few hours to go to negombo. Shower, i grab rottis, wades, samosa and jump in a train. In Colombo i meet a lost chinese girl asking me the way to negombo, i told her to follow me as i was taking the bus to there. I take her at Hector's, we chat but she is shy and i struggle a lot !! haha
We go for a swim but she cannot swim and is afraid of the waves ... i ask her if she wanna go for diner and she said " not, i'm afraid i won't like the food
- But, you never know if you will like the food
- yes, i'm not having dinner
- ok, so then i'm going, see ya
- Oh wait i'm comming, i'm hungry ! "

WTF ??

Hector drops me at the airport ...

  Sri pada

Sunrise

Way down with a few guys

Foly

No comments:

Post a Comment