Thursday 18 September 2014

Holidays in australia

My working day is over, I get a beer and a kebab with Jay and jump in the night bus to auckland. It's 7a.m, my flight is in 14 hours, time to wander around the city, go to the library, eat sushis and fall asleep on a bench in the park. I wake up with a nice sunburn on half of my face.
A bus gets me to the airport, this place that makes you dream and that haunts you at the same time. The excitement to go to a new place, and the hours waiting before, during and after the flights. Only 4h flight tho, easy, just enough time to read half of my book.
Natti is here, waiting from me as i get of the customs, with her long curly hair and this big smile, it is 11p.m., 2hours less than in New Zealand. We share a few words and got out, trying to find the companie keeping Nola's car, yes, she left her car for me ! We get the keys of the Mercedes after a bit and get on the road to Castlemaine !
I feel home, about to see all the ones I love and who saw me " growing up". It is quite late, Nola will be back in a week, after her business trip to Sri Lanka.
The next day, Natti and I went to the market, full of hippies, music and nice food, we actually spend the whole time eating and the market ended before we realised. The desire to see Gwen come thru my mind and 20min later I give her the surprise.
She was in the grove, working hard, as always, but i managed to make her sit down for a bit, having a coffee outside,talking about what happened in the passed year. I then spent the evening with my friends from work, really good time, mostly seeing my dear Amanda.
On sunday 21st, I drive to kyneton to surprise Rob, doing a march against the global warming. I come early to find this man, all excited, runing around, seeing me coming, raising his arms to the sky and screaming " Val ! This is happening, there will be hundreds of people, marching, and singing the song from the french revolution !"
He had changed the lyrics of a famous french song that was in the "miserables" with lil's help, the song we used to listen years ago, after a few bottle of wine, yelling " vive la france " or " revolution " !
I had the chance to see pretty much everyone else, will, judith, robert, lil, ... and all those peoples that were part of my everyday life.
I get a drum and learn the lyrics to join the march along kyneton's streets.
On those 3 weeks i spent time with the Bakes, working and talking about he world, time with gwen, looking after each other, drinking wine and eating cheese, time with Natti, walking, swimming, wandering in Castlemaine, time with Amanda, when the kids are sleeping mostly ! And of course Nola, the greatest person I have met on earth so far. We cooked, hiked, talked, shared, and loved each other as we used to do.
Leaving is weird but saying goodbye a second time is easier, and i feel so good, healthy, peaceful and authentic after this time with people i love so much. I am ready to head back in New Zealand but I will change what I don't like to be happy, and that will start with this town and this job...



Journee de travail finis, julien me rejoint pour une biere et un kebab avant que je saute dans le bus de nuit. Il est 7 heures du mat a Auckland, j'ai la journee pour me balader, aller a la librairie, manger des sushis et m'endormir sur un banc dans le parc pour finir avec un jolicoup de soleil sur la moitier de mon visage.
Je prends un bus pour me rendre a l'aeroport, cet endroit qui fait rever et qui nous hante, cette exitation de nouvelles aventures et ces heures d'attente avant, pendant, et apres chaques vols. Quatre heures d'avion, c'est du pipi de chat, a peine de temps lire la moitier de mon bouquin !
A mon arrivee, Natti est la, ses longues boucles brunes et son grand sourrir, il est 23:00, 2h de moins qu'en nouvelle zelande. On echange quelques mots et sortons a la recherche de la compagnie qui garde la voiture de Nola. Il faudra un peu de temps, mais on obtiens les clees de la Mercedes que je prends vite en mains, en direction de Castlemaine !
Sur la route je me sens comme de retour chez moi, pret a revoir ceux que j'aime et qui m'ont vus "grandir". On arrive tard chez Nola, elle ne sera pas de retour avant plus d'une semaine du fait de son voyage d'affaires au Sri Lanka.
Le lendemain, je vais avec natti au marché, des hippies, de la musique et de la bonne bouffe ! On passe dailleurs un long moment a table a se groinfrer et discuter et ne realisons pas que 50% des marchands ont deja remballés.
L'envie me prend d'aller rendre visite a Gwen, quel bonheur de la revoir, quelle surprise pour elle ! Je revois mes collegues le soir, ils ont presque tous un nouveau boulot et c'est une retrouvaille pour eux aussi, de se revoir entre eux.
Je me rends, dimanche 22septembre, a kyneton, ou rob s'apprete a lancer une marche contre le rechauffement climatique. J'arrive en avance, il est deja la pour tout organiser avant que la foule arrive, me voit marche en sa direction, leve les bras au ciel et cris "Val !" "Quel jour parfait pour etre la, j'en parlais tant, et regarde, des centaines de personnes vont se joindrent a nous pour marcher contre le rechauffement climatique, et on a changé les paroles de cette chanson francaise durant la revolution pour parler de notre desire de sauver le monde !"
Ce fut comme si je n'etais jamais partis, il etait tout fou ! On m'a mis dans les mains un tambour et deja la foule arrivait, apprenant les paroles qu'on allait tous chanter dans les rues de kyneton.
Tous le monde etait la, will, judith, robert, lil', et tous ces personne qui fesaient partis de mon quotidien.
Durant le reste de mon sejour, je passa du temps a aider will a batir sa maison, a me promener avec Natti, du temps avec Gwen a la ferme, buvant du vin et mangeant du fromage devant la tele, et evidement le retour de Nola avec qui j'ai passé la majorité de mon temps. Ces 3 semaines redonnerent en moi ce sentiment de paix, d'authenticité et de bonheur.
C'est dans un esprit et un corps sain que je rentrais en nouvelle Zelande a Palmerston north, pour reprendre le travail avant mon depart pour rejoindre Julien a Wellington !

                                                       climate change march
granpians nationnal park
melbourne city

emma and paul's wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment